On April 28, 2013 at approximately 9:50 a.m., members of the Division 11 Community Support Unit (CSU) conducted a traffic stop in the area of Salter Street and Flora Avenue after observing a vehicle commit a number of Highway Traffic Act (HTA) infractions.
Officers stopped the vehicle which was found to be occupied by four individuals. An investigation commenced which resulted in the seizure of the following items:
- 58 grams of Marihuana – estimated street value $580.00
- 10 grams of Cocaine – estimated street value $800.00
- 8 grams of Methamphetamine – estimated street value $1600.00
- 3x ¼ gram rocks of Crack Cocaine – estimated street value $60.00
- 3 grams – Psilocybin (magic mushrooms) – estimated street value $60.00
- 4 x Tylenol pills – estimated street value $80.00
- Bear spray
- 2 x 12 gauge shotgun shells
- 5 cellular phone
- $975.00 Canadian currency
- Break & Enter instruments
The following suspects were arrested and charged with multiple drug and weapon related offences (65 charges in total) due to their alleged involvement.
- James JOHNSTON (34)
- Terri SAWYER (27)
- Anthony CHARTRAND (28)
- Jimmy TEMCHUCK (27)
The driver, TEMCHUCK, was also charged with several Highway Traffic Act offences.
All four (4) accused persons were detained at the Provincial Remand Center.
Upon reviewing these arrest details it’s clear these suspects are mid level dealers who were likely engaged in a dial-a-dealer operation. The significant variety of drugs, number of cell phones and cash supports this conclusion.
The addition of weapons suggests these suspects may have organized crime or street gang associations.
(The WPS Public Information Office confirmed all four (4) subjects are “known” to Police and one subject has confirmed gang associations.)